15 apartments on Galernaya ul. in St. Petersburg are being prepared for sale
The Auction House of the Russian Federation (AHR) has put up 16 units for auction as a single lot in the Durnovo mansion opposite St. Isaac’s Cathedral. Total area of units for sale – 1,368 sq.m. Starting price – 360 million rubles.
The building in which the apartments are located is part of the “P.P. Durnovo Mansion”. The mansion is located in the historic center of town: five minutes’ walk from St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Mariinsky Palace, the Senate and Synod buildings, the Bronze Horseman and the statue of Nicholas I; ten minutes’ walk from Admiralteiskaya metro station.
15 apartments of a total area of 1,277 sq.m. are located on the first and second floors of the building. The area of the apartments varies from 38.7 sq.m to 142.3 sq.m. Additionally, the lot includes a basement unit of an area of 90.0 sq.m.
Address: А. St. Petersburg, Galernaya ul., d. 15, lit. A.
Total area: 1 368 sq. m.
The units for sale are a pledged item on a loan. The former owner, the company PetroStar, planned to reconstruct them in the “luxury” format.
“The object is located in a zone of high business activity – the head office of the company Gazpromneft is nearby, and also the Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation. Additionally, there is a cluster of expensive hotels forming here, which has historical precedent: the famous “Astoria” and “Angleterre” hotels are nearby. Taking into account the surrounding area, the units may be adapted for various purposes: “luxury” class housing, a mini-hotel, apartments or a representative office,” says Dmitry Altbregin, the head of department of private owners at AHR.
The building is a monument of regional significance. The land plot belongs to in zones of special use. It is in the united protected zone of central districts of Petersburg, the protected zone of monuments of history and culture and the zone of the “Center of Petersburg of the time of Peter the Great”.
According to the town-planning strategy passed by the city administration in November 2012, Galernaya ulitsa will be developed together with Severnaya Kolomna and Konyushennaya Ploshchad. So in future the surrounding development should become more comfortable for living, and the business image of the district will improve.
“The “Mansion of P.P. Durnovo” was built in the 18th century, and once belonged to Countess Ye.R. Vorontsova-Dashkova. In 1837, it was reconstructed by the architect A.A. Mikhailov II. It gained its present appearance in 1872-1873, when the architect L.F. Fontana worked with it. After the revolution, the building was significant redesigned inside, but the outward appearance remained practically untouched.